Monday, 21 September 2009

Svefn-G-Englar

Soft, lush and romantic. I happened to be listening to Sigur Ros as I made these lovelies, and I noticed that one particular song - Svefn-G-Englar - just "felt" like these earrings. I was delighted when I looked up the meaning - it's literally "sleepwalkers".

I was even more delighted when I found this amazing filmclip on youtube:



Petite, smooth briolettes of palest blue mystic quartz sway at the base of these detailed earrings. Hanging from columns of wirewrapped white topaz ovals, and topped with ornate Balinese silver ear wires, these also feature sweet wirewrapped charms of freshwater pearls - in ivory and mauve - and soft green fluorite rondelles. These were oxidised deeply in an organic fashion, and then rubbed back slightly. The dark silver is simply stunning against the muted palette of gems and pearls.

These measure a dramatic 7.7cm or 3" in length.

0 comments: