Thursday, 5 February 2009

Year of Jewelry - Week 5 - Stone Age

A little late on this piece!

This week's Year of Jewelry theme was "Bronze Age", and I decided to create an urn, or amphora.

The outline for the amphora was created in goldfill, and painstakingly wirewrapped in thin sterling wire. I then created an elaborate pattern at the neck of the amphora, using a double row of glowing rhodolite garnets, and a glimmering row of special msytic topaz. Beneath this, a row of angled goldfill beads are perched, with a truly incredible carved lemon quartz bead secured in the vessel itself. Oxidised and rubbed back to reveal the textures of the wire patterns, this was secured to a length of sterling chain using goldfill beads and sterling wire, and finished with a Balinese silver "s" clasp.



This is available in my Etsy store.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Words Fail me!!!!

This is one of the most beautiful pieces of artisan jewellery I have ever seen Natalia.

incalesco said...

Natalia it is absolutely beautiful, I keep coming back to look at it.