Saturday, 31 January 2009

My goodness it's been HOT!

This week we've experienced at unprecedented heatwave here in South Australia - it has been 40C (104F) plus all week with 3 days in a row reaching 45C(113F). Needless to say, my brain has been completely fried, so I've not as been as industrious as I normally am.

Tonight, the family visited the beach, where we actually felt cold for the first time in 9 days! In the far right of the photos, you can see my gorgeous boys in the water.




Tomorrow, I promise to show the new designs for the previous weeks, also get to work on those custom orders, and get creating some fabulous challenge themes - Kandinsky, Tasty, Mask, Bronze Age, and Stardust are themes that are - even as you read - being worked on...or at least considered!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

All I can say is .. Boy I am glad that I live in Brisbane where it's normally blooming hot but it's been ok... I feel for you all.. Hugz...

Jenni

Chrisy said...

yes hope that you're over the worst of it down that way...and the beach...and your pics...looks wonderful...wouldn't it be good to be able to step outside ur door and onto it...heaven...

Kathleen said...

What stunning pictures ... glad you are enjoying some relief from the extreme heat!

Amanda Brown said...

I would gladly melt into a puddle if you would trade places with me and shovel all my snow! Absolutely gorgeous pictures! I am so jealous!
Amanda

Sam said...

Lovely, lovely photos! Wow! Hasn't it been outrageously hot!!!I heard about you poor guys and what you were living through weather wise last week. We've been late 20s early 30s thank goodness but had 85% humidity! More iced tea I say and trips to the beach at sunset!

lyptis said...

Hi Nat!
'Industrious' u crack me up!
Ure industrious alright, ure like a kick up my arse, pushing out 3 items a day, i need that sometimes!

Im so glad its colder again, im acctually thankful for an overcast day! How crazy!

The themes on ur list sound quite challenging, but im sure u come up with more gorgeous creations, just as always!;)

All the best,
Fran